Today I just need to get some things off my chest. Bear with me… it’s been a rough morning.
- I’m tired of being almost sideswiped by idiots who were given the license to drive. This has happened to me 5 times in the past week under different circumstances. All 5 times I have been driving along on a main road, minding my own business. One time it was the person trying to change lanes, twice it has been someone pulling out from a side street without stopping and the last two times were people ON THEIR PHONES who drifted into my lane. My car isn’t a gray color that blends with the road. It is pretty obvious that I’m there.
- I’m tired of mustering up the umpf to smile at someone walking past me, even though I’m having the crappiest day imaginable, only to have them look at me like “what? I don’t know you” and walk on. I’m thinking of two words I would then like to say to them but neither would be very Christian of me.
- I’m tired of trying so darn hard to please everyone all the time only to have them treat me like I don’t matter.
- I’m tired of seeing good people get fired for stupid things when others who couldn’t do something right if their lives depended on it get by with almost murder. I have seen some people written up for being fifteen minutes late and then you have another employee, a manager, who actually yells at their co-worker and nothing is done. I would dare anyone to yell at me…they might get the best Julia Sugarbaker response they’ve ever heard in their life.
- I’m tired of being required by my company to complete a “wellness” program that doesn’t pertain to me. I spent 30 minutes yesterday watching lame videos and taking quizzes only to be met at the end with this 12 point “goal” system that required me to check at least 8 of them. What if I’m already at my goal? How is this any of your business? I actually had to make things up to get past it.
- I’m tired of not being able to lose weight and being told it is because I’m “middle aged” and my metabolism has stopped working. I know people in their 50s who look as good as some teenagers and MY metabolism has slowed to the point that unless I work out an hour a day and give up anything worth eating I will never get back to a reasonable size. I am learning to embrace my new size…cause that ain’t happening.
- I’m tired of hearing about how great your kid is on Facebook or how much you love your spouse/parents/siblings. Posting pictures is great…we get to watch your kids grow, etc., but I have some friends on there who are always going on about how wonderful the little darlings are and their grades are perfect and they are such a blessing. Gag. We all know that little hellion is out there plotting your death with a slingshot. Who are you kidding?
- Last, but not least, I’m tired of being tired. I crave a sense of accomplishment that I’ve been lacking for some time now. At the end of the day I want to be able to look at something and say “I did that!” Instead, I basically push paper and kill time until I get to go home to my family and my home. One of these days I’m gonna say “Take this job and shove it!” On a day like today I might even tell them to shove more than the job. I’m just sayin…